Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sijo Kuriakose <ks...@yopa.com> on 2001/05/14 21:17:04 UTC

Compound data types

Hi,
1) How do I send a compound data type to the server?
 To be specific
 I want to send the following to the server and the server should print the
values.

 Student Info
	Name
	ID
	SSN

 Contact Info
	Phone
	email

  A student can have more than one contact info.

 How do I do this ?
  I am able to make simple rpc calls using simple parameters like string,
long etc.

2) Is there any good document on the Apache implementation of SOAP?

Thanks and regards
Sijo

XML Schema Question

Posted by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net>.
Hi all,
I have a question not directly related to SOAP.
Its regarding XML Schema..
I know that this is a wrong place for those questions but this is my only
resource for those questions..
I am trying to return a XML from my Web service (registed with teh SOAP
Engine) and am tryin to build an schema for that data..
It looks something like this...

<SOAP stuff>
<response>
<mandatory1>bla</mandatory1>
<notmandatory1>
    <name>...</name>
    <addr>...</addr>
<notmandatory1>
</response>
</SOAP stuff>

Now in the "notmandatory1" tag I want the ability to HAVE ANY XML Data . in
the above example it is name,addr
but it could be "empname" and "empaddr" (for all we care..)
How do I set the schema such that it could take ANY XML Data under the
<notmandatory1> tag ?
I guess I am from the dtd world and am being a bit slow in to getting to the
Schema world.

Thanxs in advance..
Naggi

Re: Compound data types

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Use something like this:

  // Build the call.
  Call call = new Call();

  call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(new SOAPMappingRegistry());
  call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:StringArray");
  call.setMethodName("log");

  Vector params = new Vector();
  params.addElement(new Parameter("smsgs", msgs.getClass(),
           msgs, null));
  call.setParams(params);

Scott Nichol

Posted by Priya <pm...@orbit-e.com>.
This might work :

  Vector params = new Vector();
	String[] msgs ;
//populate msgs Array

    params.addElement(new Parameter("msgs", String[].class,
     msgs,Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));
    call.setParams(params);

//usual invocation code

regards,
Priya

=====
email: vivek@soaprpc.com
web  : http://www.soaprpc.com

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

RE: Compound data types

Posted by Sijo Kuriakose <ks...@yopa.com>.
Nope! I think the apache implementation is not capable of doing that. I see
that the apache implementation is another way of rmi. And the current
implementation is language spsecific when it comes to compound data types...

What do you think?

Thanks and regards
Sijo

=====