Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Chen, Haiwei (H.)" <hc...@ford.com> on 2003/10/14 19:29:14 UTC

html radio tag, value attribute, special characters < > "

We noticed that a string value containing html sensitive characters, such as < > & " etc., is not filtered / escaped for html:radio tag (the value of the radio input). This cause the resulting html page to break, as in the following browser view -

[radio box here] " checked="checked"> Blue

User should see this -

[radio box here] Blue

After looking at the taglib source code, we know that HiddenTag, OptionsTag, TextareaTag, TextTag, etc, do escape the special characters, using ResponseUtils.filter method.

However, RadioTag, CheckboxTag do not.

Is this something that the future Struts releases could fix / support?

Thanks.

Haiwei