Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by stephan opitz <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/06 11:38:44 UTC

[shale] url rewriting

is it possible to apply a complete url rewriting.
i know how to change the suffix (maybe .xml, .***), but how do i have
full control of the shown url.

is it supported?

stephan

Re: [shale] url rewriting

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 9/6/06, stephan opitz <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is it possible to apply a complete url rewriting.
> i know how to change the suffix (maybe .xml, .***), but how do i have
> full control of the shown url.
>
> is it supported?

It is not clear to me what you mean by "complete URL rewriting".  So here's
a couple of thoughts depending on what you *might* mean.

* If you are using view controllers, Shale requires that there be a mapping
  from the view identifier of your page to the name of the managed bean
  that implements Viewcontroller for that view.  The default algorithm is
  defined in class "org.apache.shale.view.impl.DefaultViewControllerMapper"
  (see the javadocs of that class for the detailed rules).  If you want to
use
  a different set of rules, create a class that implements
  "org.apache.shale.view.ViewControllerMapper", and define it as an
  application scoped attribute under key "
org.apache.shale.view.VIEW_CONTROLLER_MAPPER"
  somewhere during the initialization of your application.

* In a JSF application that uses JSP as the view technology, the rendering
  is accomplished by a RequestDispatcher.forward() call.  In this scenario,
  the URL shown in the "location" bar of the browser is the URL that you
  submitted the last request to, not the URL to which the next request will
  be submitted.  If you want it to match, you can force that by using
redirects
  on your navigation rules ... but this also costs you the ability to pass
information
  from one page to the next through request scope attributes.

Craig

stephan

Re: [shale] url rewriting

Posted by stephan opitz <st...@gmail.com>.