Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/07 00:58:22 UTC

Re: Concurrent job execution and FifoQueueCollisionSpi.parallelJobsNumber=1

Hi Ryan,

I will take a look this week.

-Val

Re: Concurrent job execution and FifoQueueCollisionSpi.parallelJobsNumber=1

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Yes, I think. But note that will create a high contention on this method -
each job request will acquire the same lock. Although, it's probably not an
issue in your case as you do not allow to execute more than one job at a
time anyway.

-Val

Re: Concurrent job execution and FifoQueueCollisionSpi.parallelJobsNumber=1

Posted by Ryan Ripken <ry...@rmanet.com>.
I use IgniteMessaging to update status info from inside my compute jobs
so publicThreadPoolSize=1 probably isn't going to work.

In your opinion, would a new CollisionSpi implementation that
synchronized the onCollision method resolve the issue?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

Posted by ryan <ry...@rmanet.com>.
Interesting.  I'll have to give that a try.  The documentation for
PublicThreadPoolSize explains that the executor service will be in
charge of processing GridJobs and user messages set to the node.

What are examples of user messages?  Would that include usages of
IgniteMessaging such as the following?

             IgnitePredicate<ClusterNode> nodeForNodeId =
GridFunc.nodeForNodeId(taskNodeId);
             IgniteMessaging rmtMsg =
grid.message(grid.cluster().forPredicate(nodeForNodeId));
             rmtMsg.send(FrmComputeTask.LOGGING_TOPIC, msg2);