Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <a....@carto.net> on 2011/04/14 06:08:19 UTC

SVG Open 2011 conference, Call for Participation

Hi Batik users,

I would like to remind the Batik users that the call for participation
of the annual SVG conference is due in a few days. The conference takes
place from October 17 to 20 at the US east coast, in Cambridge, MA. As
one of the organizers I would like to invite Batik developers and users
to present on topics related to SVG. Batik related topics were often
presented at past SVG Open conferences. We also have a Batik
representative (Cameron McCormack) on the conference reviewing team.
This year, the conference host is Microsoft, but the organization is by
an independent committee that changes from year to year.

You can find information on the conference at
http://www.svgopen.org/2011/ and the call for participation at
http://www.svgopen.org/2011/participate.shtml - we may extend the
deadline for abstract submissions for a couple days. If you would like
to present at the conference, but have financial troubles attending the
conference, please let me know. We may have some limited funding for
Open Source developers who are presenting at the conference. We can
waive the registration fee and help out a bit with travel costs.

Thank you for considering to support the event. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or at info (at) svgopen
(dot) org.

Andreas