Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by anjana <23...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 20:05:50 UTC

Duplicate message failover of active mq broker

I have a use case where in there exist 2 broker connected to same kahadb.

In case of failover i can see that one of the broker is activated
sucessfully. However i notice that message in queue are re-processed i.e.
there are duplicate message

I am using active mq 5.15.0

appreciate if any one can please guide on same.

Thanks,
Anjana

Re: Duplicate message failover of active mq broker

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Are the messages that are redelivered only ones that were consumed in the
seconds before the original master came down? Could this simply be a
situation where message acknowledgements are being buffered in memory prior
to being written to disk and the process died before the disk write
occurred? Or are the redelivered messages older than that?

Tim