Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2009/06/27 23:50:00 UTC

[classlib][security] Wildcard subjectAltName dNSName entries throw IOException (HARMONY-6248)

Please take a look at the conversation Ian and I have been having in
HARMONY-6248.

Unless anyone objects I'm inclined to agree with Ian and modify Harmony
to accept DNSNames that start with a digit, unlike the RI which throws
an exception.

Comments welcome.
Tim

Re: [classlib][security] Wildcard subjectAltName dNSName entries throw IOException (HARMONY-6248)

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I know number of such domains...
So +1

Alexey

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone.  I just wanted to get that gut-check.

I'll go ahead and fix our code and update the tests to match our conclusion.

Regards,
Tim

On Jun 28, 2009 4:33 PM, "Oliver Deakin" <ol...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

I'm +1 to this as well.

Regards,
Oliver

Tim Ellison wrote: > > Please take a look at the conversation Ian and I have
been having in > HARM...
--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [classlib][security] Wildcard subjectAltName dNSName entries throw IOException (HARMONY-6248)

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
I'm +1 to this as well.

Regards,
Oliver