Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Manuel <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2004/02/13 11:37:23 UTC

Excel to HTML or CSV

Hello!

I'm searching for a solution to convert several MS Excel files to HTML
or Text/CSV. First I tried xlhtml, but without success. Now I heared of
the POI-Project and it sounds good. But I'm new at it and don't know it
in detail.

Is it possible to use POI-HSSF to convert MS Excel files to HMTL? Or
exists a converter that use POI-HSSF? Has someone else tried to do
something like this?

Hope you can help me :-)

Best regards
Manuel

PS: Excuse my bad English.

Re: Excel to HTML or CSV

Posted by Stefan Koeberle <st...@gmx.de>.
Michiel Kalkman wrote an ant task for convertint XLS to XML.
It's based on POI 2.0 and ANT 1.5.4.
You can download it from
http://www.geocities.com/xls2xml/

Stefan