Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by gz...@gmail.com on 2012/10/11 09:51:08 UTC

Re: James to Git?

I would favor git, it's much simpler to develop and maintain patches with git(hub) until it's merged.

Regards,
 Zsombor

On Thu Sep 27 10:34:25 GMT+200 2012, Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>. wrote:

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

In the meantime, if there are any barrier to contribute with the current
SVN, just tell us so we can help.

Thx, Eric

Re: James to Git?

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I just returned from ApacheCon. I experimented with James and OSGi and
was very surprised at how easy it makes some things.
I also talked with some people from Apache Infra about moving James to Git.

- moving each svn repo to git requires a JIRA issue and about 10
minutes/repo  to migrate
- site must remain in SVN for now as svn pub-sub does not have an
equivalent on the git side (yet)
- because we have sites inside each component this means we can't
migrate with ease

Basically we need to fix the site in order to move forward in this direction.

Regards,