Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yuni indrasary <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/11 04:01:48 UTC

xcuse me...

Hi, I knowed this list from google when I did some
google's dig for setting tomcat in serving application
from J2ME. When I try to run my application (it use
HTTPServlet with doPost method) from J2ME wtk I got
"Servlet Exception:null"and"Internal Error from
catalina" message at the device emulator. I think it's
about my configuration file that haven't set properly.
Could someone be so kind to tell me some hints to
configure the server so it can serve my application
properly?. If I have Tomcat installed, does it still
necessary to install Apache (for development purpose
only). Here is the SW and HW spec that I use:
HW:
P2, HD 20GB, RAM 128
Win98 se, J2me WTK4.0, Tomcat 4.1.29
thank's a lot for advance...:)

ps my english still very bad, hopefully you still
catch the idea..

RE: xcuse me...

Posted by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net>.
Hi

> Hi, I knowed this list from google when I did some google's dig for
setting tomcat in serving application from J2ME.

Are you sure about J2ME?
I've heard rumors, that on J2ME you have to use tomcat 3.x.

> If I have Tomcat installed, does it still necessary to install Apache (for
development purpose only).

Usually tomcat can run standalone.
But are you saying, you want to install apache [httpd] on a mobile phone?

J2ME [Mobile Edition] is for wireless/mobile systems.

I assume you need to switch to J2SE (which you should have used in the first
place) or J2EE and it will work.

cu
  Steffen