Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2009/11/23 10:16:26 UTC

[hupa] ignoring resources

Hi all,

i just checked out hupa to see it in action and I see you did a very good job!

I wonder why eclipse resources (.settings, .classpath, .project) and
the "war" link/devcopy are not svn:ignored. Is there a reason for
this?

Stefano

Re: [hupa] ignoring resources

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2009/11/23 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Although it is possible to use other IDE's for developing hupa, we (Norman
> and me) are using eclipse + google-plugin because it makes things easier.
> We share these files because setup is a bit tiresome, so some of these files
> are useful to be in the repo.
> But you are right, we have to check all files/folders and do a housekeeping.

I used eclipse (3.5), too, but they didn't work for me "as is", so I
had to remove them and simply run the maven project configuration
update and then follow the README for the "war" link and the output
folder.

But, as they are committed resources now eclipse will show my versions
to be committed when I commit. I expect a project to have an empty
"synchronize view" when I have no code to commit.

Btw I don't plan to contribute to Hupa, so it doesn't hurt me. Keep
going with the good job! (I still think that you should at least add
"war" to the ignored resources, as it will be a PITA if you try to
commit it by mistake, especially if you use a link/junction)

Stefano

Re: [hupa] ignoring resources

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,