Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/22 23:26:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Hi all,

we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well as
we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.

Note:

The fix for the security related issue results in Clirr errors as unsafe
classes in the functor package do not implement the Serializable
interface anymore. This is mentioned in the release notes.

Collections 4.1 RC1 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
    (svn revision 11263)

Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1122/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.1/

Details of changes since 4.0 are in the release notes:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/changes-report.html

The tag is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_1_RC1
    (svn revision 1715703)

Site:
    http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/

Clirr Report (compared to 4.0):

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/rat-report.html

KEYS:
    https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.

This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2400
GMT 25-November 2015

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks,

Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/2015 09:53 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
> The Maven build worked fine with Java 1.6 and 1.7 on Windows 10. With
> Java 1.8 I get the following compilation error in test classes:
>
> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR]
> /c:/data/dev/projects/OpenSource/collections/commons-collections4-4.1-src/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/FluentIterableTest.java:[242,41]
> reference to forEach is ambiguous
>   both method forEach(java.util.function.Consumer<? super T>) in
> java.lang.Iterable and method
> forEach(org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super E>) in
> org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable match
> [INFO] 1 error

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the test. Actually, I did test it with JDK 1.8, but with an
earlier version and the build/test worked fine.

Using the latest JDK (1.8.0_65) showed the same error as you reported.
Additionally, the eclipse compiler (included in release Luna 4.4.1)
showed some more compile errors which are mostly related to tests that
pass null as argument.

I will fix them in trunk, but I agree that these are not critical for
the release.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
> Please review the release candidate and vote.

> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2400
> GMT 25-November 2015

+1

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
The Maven build worked fine with Java 1.6 and 1.7 on Windows 10. With
Java 1.8 I get the following compilation error in test classes:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/c:/data/dev/projects/OpenSource/collections/commons-collections4-4.1-src/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/FluentIterableTest.java:[242,41]
reference to forEach is ambiguous
  both method forEach(java.util.function.Consumer<? super T>) in
java.lang.Iterable and method
forEach(org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super E>) in
org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable match
[INFO] 1 error

Artifacts and site look good. As the compilation error is only in a test
class, this is not blocking.

+1

Oliver

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 11/25/2015 09:04 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> On 11/22/2015 11:26 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well as
>>> we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
>>> de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
>>> Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.
>>
>> Thanks for all the people that voted.
>> Some glitches have been found and I also have found myself a few minor
>> issues that I would like to correct as this will be my last release.
>>

> What do you mean by "this will be my last release"?

that means that I will use my evening spare time differently in the
future, but I will send a separate email to the ml after this release.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 11/22/2015 11:26 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well as
> > we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
> > de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
> > Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.
>
> Thanks for all the people that voted.
> Some glitches have been found and I also have found myself a few minor
> issues that I would like to correct as this will be my last release.

What do you mean by "this will be my last release"?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 11/25/2015 11:30 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> [...]
>
> [snip]
>
>> These test failures exist since the 4.0 release, quoting your vote for
>> Collection 4.0 based on RC5:
>>
>>> +1, builds for all but one JDK flawlessly from source. I still have 2
>>> failing tests for IBM JDK 1.6:
>>>
>>> Failed tests:
>>>
> AbstractMapTest$TestMapEntrySet.testMapEntrySetIteratorEntrySetValue:1656
>>> expected:<true> but was:<false>
>>>
> AbstractMapTest$TestMapEntrySet.testMapEntrySetIteratorEntrySetValue:1656
>>> expected:<true> but was:<false>
>>>
>>> However, since we already blamed that JDK, it does not influence the
>>> release.
>>
>> I can not remember anymore why these have not been worked-around though,
>> but I suspect that it was not so simple in this case.
>
> OK, at least it's no regression.
>
>>> ================================ %< ===================
>>> $ mvn-3.0 -version
>>> Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
>>> 14:51:28+0100)
>>> Maven home: /usr/share/maven-bin-3.0
>>> Java version: 1.6.0, vendor: IBM Corporation
>>> Java home: /opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.6.0.9_p2/jre
>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>>> OS name: "linux", version: "4.1.12-gentoo", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
>>> ================================ %< ===================
>>>
>>> It fails to compile with Java 8:
>>>
>>> ================================ %< ===================
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
>>>
> src/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/FluentIterableTest.java:
>>> [242,41] reference to forEach is ambiguous
>>>   both method forEach(java.util.function.Consumer<? super T>) in
>>> java.lang.Iterable and method
>>> forEach(org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super E>) in
>>> org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable match
>>> [INFO] 1 error
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ok, this error has been already spotted by Oliver and fixed in trunk. It
>> is only in a test case where the type inference fails when passing a
>> null value to a method, as you usually do in tests.
>
> OK, fine with me.
>
> [snip]
>
>>> nor Java 9:
>>
>> ok. I have to investigate these errors, but I really wonder what we
>> should do about it. Java 1.9 is not released yet, and these might be
>> compiler related bugs that will be fixed, and adding work-arounds for
>> things that perfectly compile with all previous Java versions does not
>> sound right.
>
> I've update Java 9 now to the latest available (b93), but the problem stays.
> However, we have the same errors with 4.0.0, so it's actually no regression,
> but an indication that we need probably collections5 when Java 9 is final.

I did some further investigation into the compile errors with Java 9.

Some errors depend on the source/target version: they disappear for
version 1.8+ (there is at least one bugreport related to that:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075793)

Some errors are not understandable at all:

Iterator<? extends E>[] iterators = new Iterator[others.length + 1];
iterators[0] = first.iterator();
for (int i = 0; i < others.length; i++) {
    iterators[i + 1] = others[i].iterator();
}
return IteratorUtils.zippingIterator(iterators);

The signature of IteratorUtils.zippingIterator is as follows:

public static <E> ZippingIterator<E> zippingIterator(final Iterator<?
extends E>... iterators)

it fails with:

[ERROR]
/home/tn/workspace/apache/commons-collections/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:[554,36]
error: no suitable method found for zippingIterator(Iterator<? extends
E#1>[])

changing the call to

return IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(iterators);

makes it pass.

Anyway, this will require some more time to investigate and fix. For a
4.1 release I will note that the project can not be compiled with Java 9
yet, and the next release (4.2) should improve on that imho.

Thanks for testing,

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Neidhart wrote:

> [...]

> ok, this error has been already spotted by Oliver and fixed in trunk. It
> is only in a test case where the type inference fails when passing a
> null value to a method, as you usually do in tests.

OK, fine with me.

[snip]

>> nor Java 9:
>
> ok. I have to investigate these errors, but I really wonder what we
> should do about it. Java 1.9 is not released yet, and these might be
> compiler related bugs that will be fixed, and adding work-arounds for
> things that perfectly compile with all previous Java versions does not
> sound right.

I've update Java 9 now to the latest available (b93), but the problem stays.
However, we have the same errors with 4.0.0, so it's actually no regression,
but an indication that we need probably collections5 when Java 9 is final.

Therefore +1 for this release.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Collections 4.1 Based on RC1

Posted by luc <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Le 2015-11-25 07:50, Thomas Neidhart a écrit :
> On 11/24/2015 11:30 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thomas Neidhart wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well
>>> as
>>> we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
>>> de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
>>> Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.
>>>
>>> Note:
>>>
>>> The fix for the security related issue results in Clirr errors as
>>> unsafe
>>> classes in the functor package do not implement the Serializable
>>> interface anymore. This is mentioned in the release notes.
>>>

>>> Collections 4.1 RC1 is available for review here:
>>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
>>>     (svn revision 11263)
>>>
>>> Maven artifacts are here:
>>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1122/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.1/
>>>
>>> Details of changes since 4.0 are in the release notes:
>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/changes-report.html
>>>
>>> The tag is here:
>>>

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_1_RC1
>>>     (svn revision 1715703)
>>>
>>> Site:
>>>     http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/
>>>
>>> Clirr Report (compared to 4.0):
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/clirr-report.html
>>>
>>> RAT Report:
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/rat-report.html
>>>
>>> KEYS:
>>>     https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>>
>>> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>>
>>> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>>> 2400
>>> GMT 25-November 2015
>>>
>>>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts

+1 for the release

Luc

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Neidhart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well as
> we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
> de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
> Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.
>
> Note:
>
> The fix for the security related issue results in Clirr errors as unsafe
> classes in the functor package do not implement the Serializable
> interface anymore. This is mentioned in the release notes.
>

> Collections 4.1 RC1 is available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
>     (svn revision 11263)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1122/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.1/

> Details of changes since 4.0 are in the release notes:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/changes-report.html
>
> The tag is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_1_RC1
>     (svn revision 1715703)
>
> Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 4.0):
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>     https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>
> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2400
> GMT 25-November 2015
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas

It fails for IBM JDK 6:

================================ %< ===================
[...]

src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchClosure.java:
[123,48] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
E>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#1 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchClosure.java:
[124,46] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) E
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super E>[]
cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
capture#2 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/BagUtils.java:[98,47]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.Bag<capture#3 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Bag<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/AnyPredicate.java:
[60,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
T>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#4 of ? super T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/NonePredicate.java:
[55,54] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
T>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#5 of ? super T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/CollectionUtils.java:
[793,63] incompatible types: java.util.Collection<capture#6 of ? extends C>
cannot be converted to java.util.Collection<C>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/CollectionUtils.java:
[1831,61] incompatible types: java.util.Collection<capture#7 of ? extends C>
cannot be converted to java.util.Collection<C>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/ListUtils.java:[394,49]
incompatible types: java.util.List<capture#8 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.List<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchTransformer.java:
[133,48] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
I>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#9 of ? super I>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchTransformer.java:
[134,50] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) I,O
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super
I,? extends O>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super capture#10 of ? super
I,? extends capture#11 of ? extends O>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/iterators/IteratorIterable.java:
[115,55] incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#12 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/ChainedClosure.java:
[92,46] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) E
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super E>[]
cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
capture#13 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/ChainedTransformer.java:
[92,50] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) I,O
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super
T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super capture#14 of ? super
T,? extends capture#15 of ? extends T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/AllPredicate.java:
[64,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
T>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#16 of ? super T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TrieUtils.java:[46,49]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.Trie<K,capture#17 of ?
extends V> cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Trie<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/FluentIterable.java:
[311,18] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<capture#18 of ? extends O>
cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[438,31] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.BoundedIterator<capture#19 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.BoundedIterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[859,47] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.PeekingIterator<capture#20 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[875,49] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.PushbackIterator<capture#21 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[1083,36] incompatible types: java.util.List<capture#22 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.List<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[1101,22] incompatible types: java.util.List<capture#23 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.List<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/QueueUtils.java:[56,51]
incompatible types: java.util.Queue<capture#24 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Queue<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[187,53] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#25 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[202,34] no suitable method found for
chainedTransformer(org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,?
extends T>[])
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.functors.ChainedTransformer.<T>chainedTransformer(org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>...) is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) T
        (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.functors.ChainedTransformer.<T>chainedTransformer(java.util.Collection<?
extends org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>>)
is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) T
        (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to java.util.Collection<? extends
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[235,43] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<capture#26 of ? extends
T,capture#26 of ? extends T> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<T,T>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[299,51] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#27 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[428,45] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#28 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MapUtils.java:[1272,47]
incompatible types: java.util.Map<capture#29 of ? extends K,capture#30 of ?
extends V> cannot be converted to java.util.Map<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MapUtils.java:[1537,59]
incompatible types: java.util.SortedMap<K,capture#31 of ? extends V> cannot
be converted to java.util.SortedMap<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/OnePredicate.java:
[60,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
    (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
T>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super capture#32 of ? super T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MultiSetUtils.java:[85,57]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.MultiSet<capture#33 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.MultiSet<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/multimap/TransformedMultiValuedMap.java:
[162,82] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<capture#34 of ? extends V>
cannot be converted to java.lang.Iterable<V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[225,47]
incompatible types: java.util.Set<capture#35 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Set<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[505,54]
incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#36 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[543,54]
incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#37 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/PredicateUtils.java:
[537,57] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<capture#38 of ? extends T> cannot
be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<T>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[428,57] incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#39 of ? extends O>
cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[554,37] no suitable method found for zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>[])
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>) is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
        (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>)
is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
        (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>...) is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
        (varargs mismatch; java.util.Iterator<? extends E>[] cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<? extends E>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[830,16] no suitable method found for
partition(java.lang.Iterable<capture#40 of ? extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>[])
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>) is not
applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
        (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>...) is not
applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
        (varargs mismatch;
org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>> cannot be
converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O,R>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<R>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>...) is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O,R
        (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
O>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[870,16] no suitable method found for
partition(java.lang.Iterable<capture#41 of ? extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>[])
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>) is not
applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
        (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>...) is not
applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
        (varargs mismatch;
org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>> cannot be
converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>))
    method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O,R>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<R>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>...) is not applicable
      (cannot infer type-variable(s) O,R
        (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
O>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>))
[INFO] 40 errors
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7.498s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Nov 24 23:27:36 CET 2015
[INFO] Final Memory: 32M/209M
[INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-
plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) on project commons-collections4:
Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchClosure.java:
[123,48] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super E>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#1 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchClosure.java:
[124,46] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) E
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
E>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
capture#2 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/BagUtils.java:[98,47]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.Bag<capture#3 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Bag<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/AnyPredicate.java:
[60,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#4 of ? super T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/NonePredicate.java:
[55,54] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#5 of ? super T>[])
[...]
super I>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#9 of ? super I>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/SwitchTransformer.java:
[134,50] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) I,O
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super I,? extends O>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super capture#10 of ? super
I,? extends capture#11 of ? extends O>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/iterators/IteratorIterable.java:
[115,55] incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#12 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/ChainedClosure.java:
[92,46] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) E
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
E>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Closure<? super
capture#13 of ? super E>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/ChainedTransformer.java:
[92,50] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) I,O
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super capture#14 of ? super
T,? extends capture#15 of ? extends T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/AllPredicate.java:
[64,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#16 of ? super
T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TrieUtils.java:[46,49]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.Trie<K,capture#17 of ?
extends V> cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Trie<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/FluentIterable.java:
[311,18] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<capture#18 of ? extends O>
cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[438,31] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.BoundedIterator<capture#19 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.BoundedIterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[859,47] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.PeekingIterator<capture#20 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[875,49] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.iterators.PushbackIterator<capture#21 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[1083,36] incompatible types: java.util.List<capture#22 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.List<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IteratorUtils.java:
[1101,22] incompatible types: java.util.List<capture#23 of ? extends E>
cannot be converted to java.util.List<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/QueueUtils.java:[56,51]
incompatible types: java.util.Queue<capture#24 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Queue<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[187,53] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#25 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[202,34] no suitable method found for
chainedTransformer(org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,?
extends T>[])
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.functors.ChainedTransformer.<T>chainedTransformer(org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>...) is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.functors.ChainedTransformer.<T>chainedTransformer(java.util.Collection<?
extends org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>>)
is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<?
super T,? extends T>[] cannot be converted to java.util.Collection<? extends
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<? super T,? extends T>>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[235,43] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<capture#26 of ? extends
T,capture#26 of ? extends T> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<T,T>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[299,51] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#27 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/TransformerUtils.java:
[428,45] incompatible types: no instance(s) of type variable(s) I exist so
that org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,capture#28 of ? extends
O> conforms to org.apache.commons.collections4.Transformer<I,O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MapUtils.java:[1272,47]
incompatible types: java.util.Map<capture#29 of ? extends K,capture#30 of ?
extends V> cannot be converted to java.util.Map<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MapUtils.java:[1537,59]
incompatible types: java.util.SortedMap<K,capture#31 of ? extends V> cannot
be converted to java.util.SortedMap<K,V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/functors/OnePredicate.java:
[60,53] incompatible types: cannot infer type-variable(s) T
[ERROR] (argument mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super T>[] cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super capture#32 of ? super
T>[])
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/MultiSetUtils.java:[85,57]
incompatible types: org.apache.commons.collections4.MultiSet<capture#33 of ?
extends E> cannot be converted to
org.apache.commons.collections4.MultiSet<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/multimap/TransformedMultiValuedMap.java:
[162,82] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.FluentIterable<capture#34 of ? extends V>
cannot be converted to java.lang.Iterable<V>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[225,47]
incompatible types: java.util.Set<capture#35 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Set<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[505,54]
incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#36 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/SetUtils.java:[543,54]
incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#37 of ? extends E> cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<E>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/PredicateUtils.java:
[537,57] incompatible types:
org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<capture#38 of ? extends T> cannot
be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<T>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[428,57] incompatible types: java.util.Iterator<capture#39 of ? extends O>
cannot be converted to java.util.Iterator<O>
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[554,37] no suitable method found for zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>[])
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>) is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
[ERROR] (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>,java.util.Iterator<? extends E>)
is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
[ERROR] (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IteratorUtils.<E>zippingIterator(java.util.Iterator<?
extends E>...) is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) E
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch; java.util.Iterator<? extends E>[] cannot be
converted to java.util.Iterator<? extends E>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[830,16] no suitable method found for
partition(java.lang.Iterable<capture#40 of ? extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>[])
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>) is not
applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
[ERROR] (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>...) is not
applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch;
org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>> cannot be
converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O,R>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<R>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>...) is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O,R
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
O>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>))
[ERROR] /home/joehni/tmp/download/commons-collections4-4.1-
src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/IterableUtils.java:
[870,16] no suitable method found for
partition(java.lang.Iterable<capture#41 of ? extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>[])
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>) is not
applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
[ERROR] (actual and formal argument lists differ in length))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>...) is not
applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch;
org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<java.util.List<O>> cannot be
converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super O>))
[ERROR] method
org.apache.commons.collections4.IterableUtils.<O,R>partition(java.lang.Iterable<?
extends
O>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Factory<R>,org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>...) is not applicable
[ERROR] (cannot infer type-variable(s) O,R
[ERROR] (varargs mismatch; org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<? super
O>[] cannot be converted to org.apache.commons.collections4.Predicate<?
super O>))
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
================================ %< ===================
$ mvn-3.0 -version
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
14:51:28+0100)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven-bin-3.0
Java version: 1.9.0-ea, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /opt/oracle-jdk-bin-1.9.0.0_alpha53

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 11/22/2015 11:26 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we have accumulated enough changes since the last 4.0 release as well as
> we need to provide a fix for the known remote code exploit via java
> de-serialization. Therefore, I would like to start a vote to release
> Commons Collections 4.1 based on RC1.
>
> Note:
>
> The fix for the security related issue results in Clirr errors as unsafe
> classes in the functor package do not implement the Serializable
> interface anymore. This is mentioned in the release notes.
>

> Collections 4.1 RC1 is available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
>     (svn revision 11263)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1122/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.1/
>
> Details of changes since 4.0 are in the release notes:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/changes-report.html
>
> The tag is here:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_1_RC1
>     (svn revision 1715703)
>
> Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 4.0):
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>

> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.1/RC1/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>     https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>
> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2400
> GMT 25-November 2015
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

I would like to remind all PMC members that this is also a security
related release that several people have requested.

If someone is not happy with the release as is, please speak up and vote
so that we at least can move forward.

Thomas