Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Justin Schoeman <ju...@expertron.co.za> on 2006/02/23 09:04:02 UTC

axis2: Retrieving the contents of an abstract class?

Hi again,

Still battling to get Axis2 working properly here... When using
WSDL2Java to generate a server and client, everything seems to work just
fine, but I can't seem to get at the values of an abstract class.

Within the request document, there is an abstract property IDMethod.  I
can retrieve this with:

IDMethod idm = req.getIDMethod();

No problem, but:

System.out.println(idm.getClass().getName());

returns:
'za.co.eskom.nrs.www.xmlvend.base._2_0.schema.impl.IDMethodImpl' - which
is an implementation of the abstract type, and cannot be cast down to
the real type.

Am I missing something, or is abstract type handling completely broken
in Axis2?

Thanks,

Justin

Attn: Problems with Axis 1.3 in Oracle 10g (10.1.0.2)

Posted by glenn bech <gl...@webstep.no>.
I'm writing this, to make sure it gets indexed, for further reference.

Problems occur when using Axis 1.3 (And possibly 1.2 versions) on the Oracle
10g platform. The problem is possibly caused by the
org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils class, and the provided Oracle XML Library
(xmlparserv2.jar).

When trying to access an auto generated WSDL, axis fails with the message

Fault - ; nested exception is: oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLDOMException:
Implementation does not support the object requested.

The solution involves providing the server with Alternative ParserFactory
classes. This forces OC4J to use the crimson parsers ;

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=
org.apache.crimson.jax.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

Make sure to visit my blog on Software Design, popular Frameworks and
Enterprise Java in general.
http://bechblog.blogspot.com