Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by urbnsr <ur...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/07/20 17:02:26 UTC

New User, Setup/User Documentation Question

Hello,

 ?? I am just starting to check out OFBiz to replace our current ERP
package for a very small online hobby business. I installed v.16.11.05
and am working through this business setup guide:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide

 ?? As I go through these steps, I am not finding some of the links or
locations in my installation that are mentioned in the document. Do I
need to pay more attention to my installation or is it possible the
document was written for a previous version and I should use the
document more as a guideline than a literate step-by-step?

 ?? Also, can anyone point me to document with best-practice operation
steps for OFBiz? I am hoping to be able to switch over to OFBiz by
January 1, 2020.

 ?? Thank you in advance for any help and/or tips!

Paul

Re: New User, Setup/User Documentation Question

Posted by PK <ur...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi Jacques,
  Thank you for your reply. I think the setup guide is fine now that I absorb it more. It's my thick head that needs more time, I guess.
  Thanks for the link to more information. I will start reading through it. Thank you very much Jacques!!
Paul

    On Monday, July 22, 2019, 4:41:42 AM EDT, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

 Hi Paul,

Inline...

Le 20/07/2019 à 19:02, urbnsr a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> ?? I am just starting to check out OFBiz to replace our current ERP package for a very small online hobby business. I installed v.16.11.05 and am
> working through this business setup guide:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide
>
> ?? As I go through these steps, I am not finding some of the links or locations in my installation that are mentioned in the document. Do I need to
> pay more attention to my installation or is it possible the document was written for a previous version and I should use the document more as a
> guideline than a literate step-by-step?

This document is maybe not up to date (2016, already 3 years ;)). But we can update it, what are the links and locations you missed?

I trust this can help: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Best+Practices+Guide

At large please start your journey from "Documentation/Technical Documentation" menu  at https://ofbiz.apache.org/

> ?? Thank you in advance for any help and/or tips!

Welcome :)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Paul,