Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/02/06 18:29:32 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-02-06

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, John Kaputin, Arthur Ryman, Graham Turrell

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2007-01-16 - Graham will investigate whether the XML catalog spec contains

solution for the resolved location or originating location resolution
issue.
2007-01-23
Arthur: I think they should resolve relative to the original location.
Lawrence: In WTP the cache resolver does this where the XML catalog
resolves relative to the resolved location.
John: The URL resolver simply returns a URL, it doesn't return a stream of

data. What you're referring to is an entity resolver.
John: Graham and I will discuss this issue further and come up with
a proposal to handle dependent documents in the catalog.
2007-01-30
Graham: I looked at the OASIS catalog spec. You need to specify each
document explicitly. You can also specify a root URI and a mapping so all
documents with the root mapping are mapped.
Arthur: I think what we need is an entity resolver. You want to get the
bytes given a URL. We can use a catalog from the entity resolver. Apache
commons may have a project we can reuse for HTTP get and caching. This
should improve network IO. We may also need a memory cache of the WSDL 2.0

documents, which unlike XML schema we can cache. This should improve file
IO. Aside from the entity resolver I think the rest of this should be
deferred until after WSDL 2.0 is a rec.
*note: Lawrence's machine crashed for 10 minutes at this point so part of
this conversation is missing. This key points should be here.
2007-02-06
Graham: We haven't had a chance to discuss this since the last call.
Arthur: We spoke about creating an entity resolver that simply returns
bytes.
[action] Graham will come up with a proposal for an entity resolver.
Closed.

2007-01-30 - Graham will add config to the Ant task for the catalog system

properties.
2007-02-06
Graham: I posted to the list yesterday with a solution. The solution makes
a change
to the ValidateWSDL20 ant task adding the location of the resolver catalog
and the
base location for which the relative URIs resolve.
Arthur: This looks good. I just question why Woden reads system properties
at all. I think
this is overkill. The reader already has setFeature and setProperty
methods.
Graham: System properties are used to each application doesn't have to
expose the log location.
Lawrence: This means all apps that use Woden have to use the same log
location. If I have Axis2
and Eclipse installed and both use Woden they must log to the same
location instead of the
standard Axis2 and Eclipse locations.
Graham: This should be fixed in M7. I'll commit the fix tomorrow.
Closed.

2007-01-30 - Lawrence will create an M8 release in Jira and defer the
remaining M7 Jiras to M8.
2007-02-06
Lawrence: Done.
Closed.

2007-01-30 - Graham will update the milestone status on the website.
2007-02-06
John: I did this today.
Closed.

2007-01-30 - John will create an M7 branch.
2007-02-06
John: Done.
Closed.

2007-01-30 - John will start the release process for M7 including the vote

about the release.
2007-02-06
John: I've been trying to get the API javadoc up-to-date before calling
the
vote. It's taken longer than I expected but is just about done. After I
complete
this I'll create the build and call the vote.

2. Milestone (M7) Status - John Kaputin

John: I'll create the build and call for the vote tomorrow. I've still got
to get my public key and publish it. This shouldn't hold up the vote.

3.Development Discussion - All

John: In the element API that I think are in the wrong place. For
setMessageContentModel property on InterfaceMessageReferenceElement.
Lawrence: Are there replacements in the correct location?
John: Yes. They're in the component model. We should deprecate these
methods and then remove them. Arthur, do you agree this is correct from a
WSDL 2.0 perspective?
Arthur: Yes.

4. Other Business - All

No other business was raised.