Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 07:44:22 UTC

Using UmlGraphDoc with Maven

Hi

After reading the article on this DZone article - Reverse Engineer Source
Code <http://java.dzone.com/articles/reverse-engineer-source-code-u>
I configured my pom as follows:

<plugin>
        <configuration>
         <aggregate>true</aggregate>
         <doclet>org.umlgraph.doclet.UmlGraphDoc</doclet>
         <docletArtifact>
          <groupId>org.umlgraph</groupId>
          <artifactId>umlGraph</artifactId>
          <version>5.0</version>
         </docletArtifact>
         <additionalparam>
          -inferrel -inferdep -quiet -hide java.* -collpackages java.util.*
-qualify -postfixpackage -nodefontsize 9 -nodefontpackagesize 7
         </additionalparam>
         <destDir>target/uml</destDir>
         <show>private</show>
        </configuration>
  </plugin>

I installed Graphviz  and C:\Graphviz2.24\bin is in my PATH. However when I
run mvn javadoc:javadoc or even better still mvn site:deploy , there aren't
any UML image files(i.e ".dot") files being generated.
Any clues on how I can get this to work?

Thanx

--

"Don't take the name of root in vain."

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Using UmlGraphDoc with Maven

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
Most def. Everyone should read it :)

Posted by Roman Kournjaev <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Kournjaev <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have made a similar effort to make the graphitz work a year ago.
Took me a day or so. Since then not only the build takes longer , but also
no one has ever looked at these uml diagrams at all. :-)

>From my point of view its just a waste of time.

Roman

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv>.