Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 06:21:32 UTC

"already online on this server" - still buggy?

Hi all,

I think we still have a hole in the RIT graph... I get messages like
this in my RS:

2011-08-08 04:17:48,469 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler:
Attempted open of <region_name>. but already online on this server

And the master UI says the region continues to hang out in
"PENDING_OPEN" in the RIT graph.

Why is this still happening? This was a major issue in the old master.
 And still broke?

-ryan

Re: "already online on this server" - still buggy?

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Oh yes I need to dig this up.

But is the solution to 'find the potential problem and fix the hole'?
Because it's quite possible the problem is that regionserver and
master were being bounced around at the same time, leading to ? In any
case, why fail the assignment.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
why doesn't the code tell the master "hey actually already open, k thx"?

i never bought the lack of error recovery in the new master,