Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/31 12:00:14 UTC

Re: ADF components.

Hi Hagay,

we'll need to wait on that a little bit more - Oracle is about to open
source their component set, and currently preparing a proposal for
entry into the ASF incubatory. We'll need to wait on what Adam, John,
Jonas and Omar will come up with before we can really enter the
incubator.

regards,

Martin

On 1/31/06, Hagay Avisar <ha...@mercury.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I want to use ADF components, from what I understand ADF component need to
> be a part of MyFaces open source components.
>
> Do you know how it will be? When?
>
> How can I get ADF components code?
>
> They have there great component but I afraid we will need to customize them
> little bit... J
>
> I am writing to you personally due to warm recommendation that you have lot
> of knowledge in JSF components, MyFaces, etc...
>
> My main purpose is to use ADF components in our project, I believe I will
> need to customize then to get the look & feel we need.
>
> Any idea from you how can I do it will be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hagay

>  This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>  For more information please visit
> http://www.messagelabs.com/email

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: ADF components.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm very much looking forward to it.

Three things I'd love to see being added to MyFaces over time:

- skinning of ADF-Faces and/or Tobago (maybe we'll find an optimal
solution there)
- optional layouting of Tobago (over time - that will be a hard one)
- generating of components and resources like in ADF-Faces

regards,

Martin

Re: ADF components.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.