Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Si...@sungard.com on 2010/03/10 15:34:49 UTC

Implementing AJAX in JSPWiki 2.8.3

I'm trying to implement some AJAX in JSPWiki version 2.8.3 using a java
plugin but although I can get the plugin interface to work (i.e. I can
receive html back from the plugin to put into the page) I can't get any
of the JSON-RPC methods to work.

The error console within the browsers keep reporting that json-rpc.js
can't be found and sure enough this doesn't exist in any of the
downloaded files.

Does anyone know how to implement AJAX in JSPWiki?

Simon Fraser * Senior Developer * SunGard Securities Finance * 38th
Floor, 25 Canada Square, London. E14 5LQ
Tel +44 (0) 20 8081 2089 * Main +44 (0) 20 8081 2000 * Support +44 (0)
1483 520 170 * www.sungard.com/securitiesfinance
<blocked::http://www.sungard.com/martini>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you. SunGard Apex UK Limited * Registered in England and Wales No.
3573008 * Registed Office: 25 Canada Square, London E14 5LQ

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Re: Implementing AJAX in JSPWiki 2.8.3

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Simon,

JSPWiki is using mootools on the client-side i.s.o. jsonrpc.js.

You can browse the jspwiki-common.js for examples on javascript to
call and receive json rpc's.

Here is an example, used to get the progress-tracker bar for attachment uploads:

Wiki.jsonrpc.periodical(1000, this,
["progressTracker.getProgress",[progress],function(result){
			result = result.stripScripts(); //xss vulnerability
			if(!result.code)
$('progressbar').getFirst().setStyle('width',result+'%').setHTML(result+'%');
		}]);

Hope this helps,

dirk