Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Halsema, Aillil I" <Ai...@xeroxlabs.com> on 2005/09/09 20:23:21 UTC

Persistence

We needed to make an object persistent for as long as Axis, and provide
access to that object for all of our services.  To do this we subclassed
AxisServlet, and in this class created an instance of our object as a
singleton with a static get method.  This seems to work well for our
needs, and is simpler and faster than accessing the ServletContext.

Are there any drawbacks to this technique, given our requirements?

TIA,
Ian