Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "Chaloulos, Klearchos (Nokia - GR/Athens)" <kl...@nokia.com> on 2018/07/27 07:16:00 UTC

Verify zookeeper cluster consistency

Hello,

I recently ran into a case where my zookeeper servers had inconsistent data, that is nodes that existed in one server did not exist in the other two. I used 3 servers, with version 3.4.9. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue, as it occurred a long time ago in an environment outside my control.

However my question is: Is there a way to detect zookeeper cluster inconsistencies? I am not talking about transient inconsistencies that exist for, say, a few seconds, but for permanent inconsistencies. In my case the inconsistencies persisted for a month!

Best regards,

Klearchos

Re: Verify zookeeper cluster consistency

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
iirc Ben (or was it someone else from Facebook) mentioned at a meetup about
doing some work in this area. I believe they were hashing the tree but I
may be mis-remembering.... Perhaps one of those folks can shed light.

Patrick

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Klearchos,