Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2014/03/28 15:46:57 UTC

CRUD Demo

Hi,

We have very good CRUD demo [1] and initially I thought about adding
it to Struts project itself, but right now I think it will be better
to integrated it with struts-examples project. WDYT?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3993

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: CRUD Demo

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Luskaz:
>
>   Is this the source code for the Struts CRUD example project -
> https://github.com/strutsathon/struts2-crud-example that you and I think
> should be added to our example apps in our new Git repo?
>
> I'd like to review it in some detail to see what we would need to add to the
> Struts Getting Started series of tutorials to explain to learners this
> project and how it is setup.

Yes, exactly and here are the original solution [1] and task for that
[2] - let me know if you need help.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/CRUD+Demo+I
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3993

Regards

Re: CRUD Demo

Re: CRUD Demo

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> I vote for adding it to the Maven example projects.
>
> I do think we need to also add a tutorial page about it as part of our
> Struts Getting Started tutorials:
> http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/getting-started.html
>
> The Getting Started tutorials build upon themselves so we can expect the
> reader to already have reviewed the previous tutorials before we introduce
> our CRUD example project.  This reduces how much information we need to
> provide in a specific tutorial while remaining focused on a particular
> aspect of how to use the Struts 2 framework.

I'm not sure but this CRUD Demo suppose to base on that [1] so it
should be easy to adjust the wiki :-)

Re: CRUD Demo

Re: CRUD Demo

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> is this necessary? With the REST Showcase we already have a kind of CRUD
> demo.
> To many different examples may confuse the users.

It was users' idea so I'm not going to be against it ;-) Just looking
for good place for it and struts-examples is the best IMHO. Besides,
not everybody is using REST and good-old-crud is also a good example
:-)

Regards

Re: CRUD Demo

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

is this necessary? With the REST Showcase we already have a kind of CRUD
demo.
To many different examples may confuse the users.

Johannes

web: http://www.jgeppert.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep