Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Hendrickson <sc...@fgm.com> on 2002/12/06 14:58:19 UTC

seeing multiple slides / replication / JBoss

I'm new to SLIDE but have had a little time to test drive.

I want to live in SLIDE world where :
  - it is running on multiple machines on a network
  - it is running as a webapp in JBoss 3.x containers on each of the machines on the network
  - a single SLIDE app (servlet)  can view all of the namespace info from each of the SLIDE servers on the network

My questions are
  - I'm having trouble getting SLIDE to run as webapp in JBoss 3.x container. Anyone have ideas/instructions here ?

  - Can an application access multiple namespaces from around the network to provide a consolidated picture of the SLIDEs running ?  It seems the webdav servlet can only be configured to see one namespace at a time, even if your SLIDE server has multiple namespaces in it's Domain. Is that true?

  - I have set up the descriptorStore (node,security,locks,revisions) to be JDBCDescriptor stores into SYBASE 12 databases that exist on the network. Can SLIDE replicate these descriptorStores around the network OR could I replicate the info in your database tables using Sybase Replication to keep all the SLIDE servers looking at a common picture ?

scotth