Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@ALLIANZ.DE> on 2008/06/26 10:24:14 UTC

Archiva/Continuum Failover

hi,
we want to run a fail-over scenario with two installations for Archiva/Continuum each.
Has anybody tried to connect both installations to the same MySQL-instance ?
Is there any special locking configuration needed for this?

Re: Archiva/Continuum Failover

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland,
externer Mitarbeiter) <EX...@allianz.de> wrote:
> ok you're right, but if that's the only issue, then the second instance simply could be started without Quartz. But then it's not a real fail-over anymore.
> An alternative strategy is to maintain only one instance, and cron-watching it with a shell-script. Need to think about it...

I know there are monitoring systems like Nagios, but I'm not sure how
far they go as far as failover.  In any case you shouldn't have to
implement this on your own, it has to be a solved problem by this
point. :)

I'm curious what problem are you seeing (or trying to avoid)?

The standalone Continuum distribution runs in a JVM wrapper that
notices if it hangs or dies, and re-starts it automatically.

--
Wendy

Re: Archiva/Continuum Failover

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
without Quartz? how do you want to do it?
All schedules are stored in the db so if you unactivate them on an instance,
schedules will be unactivated on the other one too.

Emmanuel

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer

AW: Archiva/Continuum Failover

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.