Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh M <mg...@live.in> on 2017/04/21 07:50:32 UTC

Graph traversel

Hi

I am trying graph traversal based on the documentation available over here

http://solr.pl/en/2016/04/18/solr-6-0-and-graph-traversal-support/

But the it's not working as expected.

For this query

http://localhost:8983/solr/graph/query?q=*:*&fq={!graph%20from=parent_id%20to=id}id:1

( which is to get all node getting traversed via node 1 )

I get the result as
"docs":[
      {
        "id":"1"},
      {
        "id":"11"},
      {
        "id":"12"},
      {
        "id":"13"},
      {
        "id":"122"}]

Where as I expect result as 1,11,12,13,121, 122, 131.

What's going wrong ?

Can any body help us on this ?

Is the graph traversal stable enough in SOLR 6.5 ?

Regards,
Ganesh

Re: Graph traversel

Posted by mganeshs <mg...@live.in>.
Dear Solr experts,

Can you any one over here explain about why graph traversal is not working
as expected in Solr 6.5 ?

It's not traversing all the child nodes. It traverse only few nodes and not
getting all the mid level and leaf nodes.

As I explained below,

For this query

http://localhost:8983/solr/graph/query?q=*:*&fq={!graph%20from=parent_id%20to=id}id:1

( which is to get all node getting traversed via node 1 )

I get the result as
"docs":[
      {
        "id":"1"},
      {
        "id":"11"},
      {
        "id":"12"},
      {
        "id":"13"},
      {
        "id":"122"}]

Where as I expect result as 1,11,12,13,121, 122, 131.

What's going wrong ?

Following is the data I uploaded

[{
	"id": "1",
	"name": "Root document one"
},
{
	"id": "2",
	"name": "Root document two"
},
{
	"id": "3",
	"name": "Root document three"
},
{
	"id": "11",
	"parent_id": "1",
	"name": "First level document 1, child one"
},
{
	"id": "12",
	"parent_id": "1",
	"name": "First level document 1, child two"
},
{
	"id": "13",
	"parent_id": "1",
	"name": "First level document 1, child three"
},
{
	"id": "21",
	"parent_id": "2",
	"name": "First level document 2, child one"
},
{
	"id": "22",
	"parent_id": "2",
	"name": "First level document 2, child two"
},
{
	"id": "121",
	"parent_id": "12",
	"name": "Second level document 12, child one"
},
{
	"id": "122",
	"parent_id": "12",
	"name": "Second level document 12, child two"
},
{
	"id": "131",
	"parent_id": "13",
	"name": "Second level document 13, child three"
}]