Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Owens, Stephen (ITD)" <st...@state.ma.us> on 2015/02/25 21:23:40 UTC

Tomcat 8, Log4j, setting environment variables in setenv.sh

Hello,

For tomcat 8 using log4j and apache commons logging, what would be the correct values to specify in setenv.sh for:
LOGGING_MANAGER
LOGGING_CONFIG

For a tomcat-7.0.26 installation, the values in setenv.sh were:
export LOGGING_CONFIG="-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties"
export LOGGING_MANAGER="-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger"

Are those the correct values for Tomcat 8 as well?

Thanks,

Stephen R. Owens
Email: Stephen.Owens@state.ma.us<ma...@state.ma.us>

Re: Tomcat 8, Log4j, setting environment variables in setenv.sh

Posted by Kyohei Nakamura <na...@gmail.com>.
How about using an "extras" package If you want to use Log4j for Tomcat
logging?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.