Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pablo <pa...@bol.com.br> on 2003/09/18 20:37:25 UTC

WSDL to HTML documentation generator

Hi,

I need a tool to generate the HTML documentation from a WSDL like a
"javadoc" for wsdl.

Is it possible? I'm looking for something free...

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot!

Pablo

Re: WSDL to HTML documentation generator

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi danch, Pablo

yah, if it can fulfil the requirements writing XSLT is the much
attractive than try to write bunch of code.

Danch Thank for the lesson  :)

Srinath

Posted by Dan Christopherson <da...@nvisia.com>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Pablo

Posted by Wilfred Springer <Wi...@Sun.COM>.
I created my own stylesheets producing DocBook. Generating something
useful from WSDL isn't really that hard. (The IBM article on generating
documentation from WSDL shows how to deal with namespace issues.) The
hard part is how to deal with XSD datatypes embedded in your WSDL file.
Take a look at http://titanium.dstc.edu.au/xml/xs3p/. I actually reused
some of their stuff to create documentation on the datatypes I use.
(Unfortunately, they don't produce DocBook, but that might be ok for
you.)

Regards,

Wilfred

Wilfred Springer                Phone  : +31 (0)3 3451 5736
Java Architect                  Mobile : +31 (0)6 2295 7321
Sun Java Center                 Fax    : +31 (0)3 3451 5734
Sun Microsystems Netherlands    Mail   : wilfred.springer@sun.com

information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

Re: WSDL to HTML documentation generator

Posted by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch>.
> I need a tool to generate the HTML documentation from a WSDL like a
> "javadoc" for wsdl.

See www.omniopera.com/viewer.html. It's commercial, but may give you
some ideas.

.NET has an excellent system for displaying documentation, see
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5242/0735614067-01.gif
and
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5242/0735614067-02.gif.

O'Reilly's XSLT Cookbook includes an example stylesheet
(vertical/wsdlServer/wsdlToDoc.xsl), which may be a good starting point,
but expect to invest lots of time...

--
Eric Jain