Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shannon Scott <ss...@locationinc.com> on 2007/12/27 19:53:18 UTC

JSF and SSI

Hello,
We have been trying to use JSF as a Server Side Include (SSI - .shtml ).
The problem is that the jsf adds an extra set of HTML tags to the page (
breaking the page ).
We have successfully used jsp pages for SSI in the past.
Is there a way to stop tomcat from generating these extra tags when
rendering the jsf?
I have been looking through the source code.  Can anyone point me to
where in the source this HTML tag gets inserted?
Thank you for any advice or pointers.
Take care.
Shannon

Re: JSF and SSI

Posted by Joe Riopel <go...@gmail.com>.
I don't know much about your project, but based on your question
Facelets might be easier than plain JSF for handling your SSI.

Re: JSF and SSI

Posted by mg...@hotmail.com.
You will get a faster and more accurate response if you display contents of
your jsp(f)/jsf/faces page

regards/
Martin
Posted by Shannon Scott <ss...@locationinc.com>.