Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anuradha <ds...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/04/03 00:48:53 UTC

[users@httpd] How to limit number of particular request in apache.

Hi All,

I want to limit the number of "particular" requests in apache

For example
I have httpd running on my system. My webserver provides a upload and download service.
I want to configure appache in a way that  at the max it can serve  100 uploads and 200 downloads not more than that.

When I looked into the archives I came across MaxConnPerIP where they are limiting request per IP
Wondering if there is any configurable parameter to limit on particular request.

Thanks,
Anu.

Re: [users@httpd] How to limit number of particular request in apache.

Posted by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com>.
On 4/3/2010 2:59 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> You can't.
>
> Well, you could write a module for it.  If you can live with ballpark
> numbers, I'd suggest limiting the number of threads per process
> on a restricted task, rather than maintaining a global count.
>
> Or if this is about system load, consider something like
> mod_load_average.

I know its possible. A particular service I use (a private one) will
only handle so many requests, then simply return an "I cant do that,
DAV" 401 [svc unavailable]

--
Morgan

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On 04/03/10 04:18, Anuradha wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to limit the number of "particular" requests in apache
> For example
> I have httpd running on my system. My webserver provides a upload and
> download service.
> I want to configure appache in a way that at the max it can serve 100
> uploads and 200 downloads not more than that.
> When I looked into the archives I came across MaxConnPerIP where they
> are limiting request per IP
> Wondering if there is any configurable parameter to limit on particular
> request.
> Thanks,
> Anu.

> Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_ie8_new/*http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/>.

I don't know bout limiting no. of requests, but using <Limit> and
LimitRequestBody, you can control the maximum size of uploads / downloads.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator