Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com> on 2005/04/19 23:47:10 UTC

Cocoon in Tomcat5

Hi every one,

I was installing Cocoon on Tomcat5, everything was going quite fine, untill
I tumbled on a ContextPath pb that got me looking into the lists when I
found this post about Tomcat5 facing difficulties with cocoon 2.1.6+.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=110470043509471&w=2

Is this still true for Cocoon 2.2 and Tomcat5 or should I stick with
Tomcat4?
Has anybody got such config running? Any problems to signal before I plunge?

Thx
Rgds
Tibor

Re: Cocoon in Tomcat5

Posted by Adam Ratcliffe <ad...@prema.co.nz>.
Hi Tibor

I've successfully run Cocoon in these configurations:

- Tomcat 5.5.4 with JDK 1.5 on Windows XP (Cocoon 2.1.6)
- Tomcat 5.0.28 with JDK 1.4.2_03 on Windows Server 2003 (Cocoon 2.1.6)
- Tomcat 5.5.9 with JDK 1.4.2_05 on Mac OSX (Cocoon 2.1.7)

HTH
Adam

Re: Cocoon in Tomcat5

Posted by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com>.
100% positive response is good enough for me.

In my case, I realised that I'll have to modify/generalise my urls with the
contextPath.

My question is there a generic way of defining the ContextPath for all URLs
or do I really have to pass the ContextPath as a map:parameter through my
pipelines ?

Thx
Rgds
Tibor

Re: Cocoon in Tomcat5

Posted by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net>.
I think this mail was referring to pb with jre 1.5
I'm using tomcat 5.0 jdk 1.4.2_03 and cocoon 2.1.7 and it's seems to be
fine...

Marc