Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2009/04/27 05:55:49 UTC

Interpretation of * in DynamicImport-Package

I have a question about DynamicImport-Package and the pattern matching
done using "*." I have a bundle which has the following manifest attributes:

Bundle 2
--------
DynamicImport-Package = javax.crypto.interfaces.*
Import-Package = org.osgi.framework
Bundle-SymbolicName = foo
Bundle-Activator = sahoo.Activator

Question is should javax.crypto.interfaces.* match
javax.crypto.interfaces package or not? Felix 1.6.0 seems to match it as
the following shell command output confirms:

-> imports 2
foo [2] imports:
----------------
org.osgi.framework; version=1.4.0 -> org.apache.felix.framework [0]
javax.crypto.interfaces; version=1.6.0 -> org.apache.felix.framework [0]

Is it another bug like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1034?

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Interpretation of * in DynamicImport-Package

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/27 Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>

> On 4/27/09 12:56 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>
>> Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>>
>>> 2009/4/27 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>
>>>
>>>  I have a question about DynamicImport-Package and the pattern matching

>>> I think so, from the discussions on the osgi-dev list it shouldn't match
>>> (no
>>> point in having wildcards behave differently in two places!)
>>>

>>>  Thanks for the confirmation. I have filed
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1059 following this
>> discussion.
>>

> I will fix this in both places, but I does sort of seem that it makes the
> common case now requires two strings:
>
>    org.foo,org.foo.*

indeed - it looks counter-intuitive to me, but that is the spec'd behaviour
( users should also be aware that "org.foo*" is not a valid expression )

-> richard

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: Interpretation of * in DynamicImport-Package

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/27 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>

> I have a question about DynamicImport-Package and the pattern matching done
> using "*." I have a bundle which has the following manifest attributes:
>
> Bundle 2
> --------
> DynamicImport-Package = javax.crypto.interfaces.*
> Import-Package = org.osgi.framework
> Bundle-SymbolicName = foo
> Bundle-Activator = sahoo.Activator
>
> Question is should javax.crypto.interfaces.* match javax.crypto.interfaces
> package or not? Felix 1.6.0 seems to match it as the following shell command
> output confirms:
>
> -> imports 2
> foo [2] imports:
> org.osgi.framework; version=1.4.0 -> org.apache.felix.framework [0]
> javax.crypto.interfaces; version=1.6.0 -> org.apache.felix.framework [0]
>
> Is it another bug like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1034?

I think so, from the discussions on the osgi-dev list it shouldn't match (no
point in having wildcards behave differently in two places!)

> Thanks,
> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart