Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com> on 2010/09/01 15:56:36 UTC

Table with spanned-row-header in 2 columned region-body

Hi There!

 Im trying to make a table with a spanned header in a 2 columned region-body.
(Examples attached....)
I would need something like a "span=all" into the table-header... like this:

	<fo:region-body region-name="PageBody" column-count="2"/>

        <fo:table>
              	<fo:table-column>
               	<fo:table-column>
                <fo:table-header >
			<fo:table-row span="all">
	                    <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2">
	                        <fo:block> T1H1</fo:block>
	                    </fo:table-cell>
			</fo:table-row>
			<fo:table-row>
	                    <fo:table-cell>
	                        <fo:block> T1H2C1</fo:block>
	                    </fo:table-cell>
	                    <fo:table-cell>
	                        <fo:block> T1H2C2</fo:block>
	                    </fo:table-cell>
	                </fo:table-row>
                </fo:table-header>
                <fo:table-body >

It should look like this:

"_______Table Header 1______"
"TableHeader2"    "TableHeader2"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"

-Page Break-

"_______Table Header 1______"
"TableHeader2"    "TableHeader2"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"
"ContentRow _"    "ContentRow _"

Any idea how to do this is really appreciated!!!
Thanks!

Attached is an example XSL/FO and PDF what I would need... (the blue one is the desired one just also over page breaks....)

Adam
Using FOP 1.0

RE: AW: Table with spanned-row-header in 2 columned region-body

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.
Of course the header should be dynamic like anything else, unless you use static content, though I haven't actually done anything with a header or footer region on mine.  I separate regions in the program which generates the content and put everything in the body.
Of course if you put the table in a header region this assumes you're starting a new page if you print a different table in the same document.

I'm not sure how to translate your fo:table to figure out exactly what the problem is, since I have yet to use that tag, though I have written tables in html code and I know headers spanning columns is a simple task there.

________________________________

Posted by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com>.
Hi Georg!

 I would like to say thanks again!
The idea with the markers saved my day!

I attache the solution I found, if somebody is interested in it.

Greetings!

Adam
Using FOP 1.0

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Adam,

www.geneon.de<http://www.geneon.de>

Posted by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com>.
Hi Georg!

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.
If the header doesn't span properly over the columns of the table it goes with, could you just put it in it's own table, and use one of the block keep properties to make it look like one table?

Posted by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com>.
Hi Georg,

Posted by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com>.
Hi Georg!