Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sa...@ebay.com> on 2015/03/13 17:59:42 UTC

Migrating from Ab Inito to Nifi

Hello Folks,

Great project and a fantastic User Guide. Some questions:

  *   Would NiFi be the right tool to migrate Ab Initio flows that enable data pipelines for moving Data from Oracle to Teradata/Hadoop.
  *   If so do we have the right connectors Oracle/Teradata/Hadoop available or there would be interest in building such connectors/processors

Regards
Seshu Adunuthula

Re: Migrating from Ab Inito to Nifi

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Seshu

To add to Mark's comments there are some open tickets for providing
processes to interact with rdbms style back-end interfaces.  We'd
definitely appreciate any contributions or ideas folks have there.

I don't have any experience with Ab Initio so don't have any
thoughtful commentary to add there.  But if your dataflows are of the
type that are conducive to automation which you want to be able to
observe and/or alter at runtime and for which you want detailed
tracking then NiFi may indeed be of value.  You can keep sharing your
ideas and providing further details about your use cases and we'll try
to assist as we can.  Contributions are of course welcome from
questions to ideas to code.

Thanks
Joe