Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/16 10:49:51 UTC

Retrieving properties from additional struts config file

I have defined the property in a second ApplicationResources.properties
file.

createTemplateKeywordsStage1Form.name.required = The name for the template
keywords is required

This file sits under a folder cm_module within the WEB-INF classes folder.
This is referenced in my cm-struts-config.xml file as:

<message-resources key="cm_module"
parameter="cm_module.ApplicationResources" null="false" />

In my web.xml I have defined my struts config files using

<servlet>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>config</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/ibt-content-struts-config.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
etc....

This is all working great but when I attempt to refer to a property in my
cm_module.ApplicationResources file I get:

???en_GB.createTemplateKeywordsStage1Form.name.required???

FYI I add the error message to my request in the validate method using:

errors.add("name", new
ActionError("createTemplateKeywordsStage1Form.name.required"));

Any ideas greatly apprciated.