Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> on 2013/08/01 20:37:00 UTC

Re: Terremark ecloud support

> Thanks Andrew. Does this mean there will have to be some rework to the
> current terremark eCloud support in jclouds ? The reason I am asking is
> because If the login url has changed, there is a lot of chance for other
> calls to fail too ?

It's hard to say - it depends on what the problem turns out to be. It
could be as simple as changing the endpoint in the context.

In order to help us figure out what's going on, could you run the
compute-basics example [1] against eCloud? I suspect the result will
be the same, but then we can use that as a shared test case.

As regards priority, once we establish this as a bug we'll first need
to create a JIRA issue for this and see if someone from the community
picks it up. Obviously, any contribution your organization can make -
ideally a pull request, but a test account would be useful, too, will
help.

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/compute-basics

Re: Terremark ecloud support

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
>   Can I raise a JIRA for adding this support ?
> Also , I am still discussing the possibility of sharing our account (for
> one isolated environment) with legal team and marketing.
> I would like to know how many people would be accessing this account and
> for how long ? Also when would you be able to start using it ? Please let
> me know at the earliest.

You can certainly raise a JIRA ticket. As regards the account, and
questions about who would be using it or how long things might take,
there's not much I can say: the jclouds community will have to decide
whether this an item it wants to address or not, and there's no way of
knowing in advance who would pick this up.

Certainly, I would recommend providing a *separate* testing account
which does not give any access to any of your company data. As a
Terremark customer, you may also be able to enquire whether they can
make a separate development account available to jclouds.

Your best option to ensure that this is picked up soon would be to
contribute resources to the development effort [1]. The jclouds
community always welcomes new contributors and will be more than happy
to help get them up and running.

ap

PS: Please respond to the dev@ list rather than to me directly. This
is a discussion that would benefit from input from the entire jclouds
dev community.

[1]
http://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/devguides/contributing-to-jclouds/

Re: Terremark ecloud support

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
Ah, interesting. Thanks for digging this up. Without having read the
documentation in any great detail, I would guess that eCloud now has
its own API that differs from the vCloud Express API - certainly, the
response to the /versions call is quite different now.

If this turns out to be correct (it would be worth checking with
Terremark support whether eCloud does, or does not, provide a vCloud
Express compatible API) the jclouds provider would probably have to be
modified to suit the new API.

ap

Re: Terremark ecloud support

Posted by Jai M <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew ,

  I wanted to quickly try the three options you provided. However the url's

"https://services.enterprisecloud.terremark.com/api/v0.8b-ext2.8"
"https://services.enterprisecloud.terremark.com/api/version" are returning
a 404 error.

I talked to the terremark support regarding login failure and They want me
to follow the API updates and information at the following link:

http://support.theenterprisecloud.com/kb/default.asp?id=533&Lang=1&SID=

In the above link, I just noticed that today is the date for deprecation
for couple of the supported API versions. Guessing that the 404 error might
be due to the deprecation...

Rgds
Jai

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> The following is the request/response wire trace retrieved from the cloud
> explorer. This might give some info on the URL and structure of req/resp
> being used.

Thanks for that. It does indeed, though, look very much like an
explorer-specific URL, rather than the "regular" login URL for the API.

Were you able to run the compute-basics example?

ap

PS: Thanks for trying to access to an account!

Re: Terremark ecloud support

Posted by Jai M <ja...@gmail.com>.
Andrew, I might have difficulty getting the account access because of
privacy concerns.

The following is the request/response wire trace retrieved from the cloud
explorer. This might give some info on the URL and structure of req/resp
being used.

Request URL:

https://services.enterprisecloud.terremark.com/cloudapi/explorer/ApiExplorer/ValidateCredentials

    Request Method:
    POST

    Status Code:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK

    Request Headers
    22:47:58.000

  X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequestUser-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel
Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0Referer:
https://services.enterprisecloud.terremark.com/cloudapi/explorerPragma:no-cacheHost:services.enterprisecloud.terremark.comContent-Type:application/json;
charset=UTF-8Content-Length:183Connection:keep-aliveCache-Control:no-cacheAccept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.5Accept-Encoding:gzip,
deflateAccept:*/*

    Request Body

{"AuthenticationType":"basic","Username":"myusername","Password":"password","PublicKey":"","PrivateKey":"","HashAlgorithm":"SHA1","Version":"2013-02-01","IsSpec":false}

    Response Headers

  Pragma:no-cacheExpires:-1Date:Sat, 03 Aug 2013 05:47:59
GMTContent-Type:application/json;
charset=utf-8Content-Length:167Cache-Control:no-cache,
must-revalidate,proxy-revalidate

      Response Body

{"IsValid":true,"UserName":"myusername","LastName":"lName","FirstName":"fName","OrganizationName":"org","IsSpec":false,"Version":"2013-02-01"}

Rgds
Jai

Posted by Jai M <ja...@gmail.com>.