Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/27 16:58:47 UTC

Localisation - how do we override it...

Hi,

As part of our use of the jetspeed portal, we want to override a few
of the jetspeed messages.  That is generally, the messages in the
jetspeed properties file are fine - but a few are "Jetspeed" specific
and we'd like to replace those with ones more specific to our
application.

Obviously we can just take the existing files and amend them - which
is what we will do for now, but I'd have thought there is a better
way to do this...

Perhaps having a sequence of resource bundles to try in order?  I
guess the issue is if a string is not found in the most locale
specific/first bundle on the list - which one is tried next - the
sequence.

My initial thoughts are that it should follow the sequence first and
only if after looking in all resource bundles specified, should it
start again in the sequence with a less specific locale...

Looking at the code, this looks like a turbine change - any comments
on whether I am off track or if others would use this?

Thanks,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com

Re: Localisation - how do we override it...

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

This facility is actually in fulcrum - so, I intend on looking on
using the localisation service from fulcrum with our turbine 2 build.

This would replace the current localisation service.

Any thoughts/concerns?

I will post more info on this before I commit - to ensure it is done
clearly before or after the release.

Regards,
Chris

=====