Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 05:48:26 UTC

[myfaces] ideas and things to do

Hi

Thinking about how can we do MyFaces even better, I think we should
focus on these areas in the short term:

1. HTML 5 project: there is some code in this area, so it is only
necessary a bit of effort to get it out.
2. Enhanced Resource Handler: again we have some code.
3. Agent detection support: again, there is some code extracted from
trinidad long time ago, but now with JSF2 we can do some
cleanup/update over this project.

Any suggestions?

Leonardo Uribe

Re: [myfaces] ideas and things to do

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I agree with Ali. The current myfaces-html5 module should not be seen as a
total solution for "JSF += HTML5", but it is a good starting point for
developers.

Regards,
Jakob

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: [myfaces] ideas and things to do

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
> Cagatay, I see you do it in PrimeFaces successfully, which is great. In PrimeFaces you can freely include other open source libraries which do the degradation for IE and legacy browsers. However that is kind of hard in Myfaces because of the ASF and ASL policy.
Actually PrimeFaces has same Apache License so same thing, I stay away from any GPL crap and use only ASL compatible third party work. Mostly MIT.

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Hi,

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Totally agreed, Leo!

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: [myfaces] ideas and things to do

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: [myfaces] ideas and things to do

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Koci <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

Especially the advanced resource handler is a great goodie.
Currently it is not easily possible to deliver those resources with a cache header. Of course there should be some additional work in the JSF EG, but I think Jakob pinged Ed already on this topic, right?