Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Koes, Derrick" <De...@Smith-Nephew.com> on 2002/09/12 17:25:09 UTC

difficulties using log4j

Has anyone run into any difficulties getting log4j 1.2.26 working in Tomcat?

It works fine for me if I run startup.bat from the command line.

However, if I try to run from the start menu (D:\j2sdk1.4.0_02\bin\java.exe
-jar -Duser.dir="C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Jakarta\tomcat-4.0.4"
"C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Jakarta\tomcat-4.0.4\bin\bootstrap.jar"
start) or as an NT service (C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Jakarta\tomcat-4.0.4\bin\tomcat.exe) my logging configuration file is
never read.

On another note, why are there so many ways to start tomcat?

Why doesn't the service and the start menu use the startup.bat file?