Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Level D <72...@qq.com> on 2016/04/11 11:11:26 UTC

How Does Ignite Create Lucene Index?

Hi,

I Would Like To Know How Ignite Creates Lucene Index When I Try Text Quary With Partitioned Mode In Detail.

I don't think that the progress is just the same as solr cause ignite doesn't have something like a leader node.

Is there anything similar? If every node in ignite cluster has two indexes? One is for the data in a node, the other is for the whole cluster used like a router?

These confuse me a lot. Hope to be anwered.

Thanks,
ZhouYankai

Re: How Does Ignite Create Lucene Index?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Cache stores data, not indexes. In addition, each node has its own Lucene
engine that stores indexes that reference in-cache data that belongs to the
local node. When distributed query is executed, the request is broadcasted,
each nodes applies indexes and executes the query locally and sends results
to the client where results are reduced.

If you want to know more details, I would recommend to look through the
source code and dive deeper.

-Val

Re: How Does Ignite Create Lucene Index?

Posted by Level D <72...@qq.com>.
Thanks a lot for the answer.

But here's a new question coming from it.

What's ignite's mechanisms for executing distributed queries?

Mechanisms for distributed queries used in local mode is clear to know, how about mechanisms used in partitioned mode and replicate mode?

By the way, I use luke to browse the contents of a lucene index stored in disk. But ignite's index are always stored in cache. How can I browse it?

From:  "vkulichenko";<va...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Apr 12, 2016 03:39 AM
To:  "user"<us...@ignite.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: How Does Ignite Create Lucene Index?

Hi,

All indexes (both SQL and Lucene) are created on each node independently for
the data that resides locally. Ignite then uses its own mechanisms to
execute distributed queries across the cluster. There is no leader node or
router, all nodes in Ignite cluster are equal.

Did I answer your question?

-Val

Re: How Does Ignite Create Lucene Index?