Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Marco Grimm <Ma...@rz-service-mannheim.de> on 2009/02/27 08:23:54 UTC

[Trinidad] UIXGroup inside HtmlRowLayout is leading to "INVALID HTML" if it contains HtmlCellFormat(s)

Hi all,

it would be nice/helpful if RowLayoutRenderer would overwrite
"encodeAllChildren(...)" in that way, that for UIXGroup it should not pass
the UIXGroup itself to "encodeChild(...)", but the children of the UIXGroup.
This would have the result, that one could put several columns into one
UIXGroup and set them all to rendered = false by just setting the group to
rendered = false. This is not possible at the moment, because the overwrite
of "encodeChild(...)" in RowLayoutRenderer renders "td" for all components
ecxept HtmlCellFormat, which leeds to "INVALID HTML:" if you put columns
into a UIXGroup inside HtmlRowLayout.

Please tell me if you would except this change if I would submit such a
patch or if this is the wrong approach to fix the problem/issue.

Best regards
Marco Grimm