Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Syed Wasti <md...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/22 20:24:36 UTC

TaskTracker Error

Hi,
I am seeing the below two errors consistently while running my map/reduce jobs. This does not stop my script, but throws an error on datanode and successfully completes the same task on a different datanode. The task could fail on any datanode, there are no blacklisted datanodes.
Any thoughts on why this is and how can this be resolved ?

This is the whole stack;
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:472)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:459)

Second Error: This is all it gives.

Error: null
Thanks for the support.
Regards
Syed Wasti

Re: TaskTracker Error

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Syed:

JDK u18 has significant known problems. You should definitely switch to
either 1.6.0_16 (tried and true) or _20. These are most commonly the patch
levels we see in production settings. Try that and see if the problem
persists.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

RE: TaskTracker Error

Posted by Syed Wasti <md...@hotmail.com>.

From: mdwasti@hotmail.com
To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: TaskTracker Error
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:45:38 -0700

Hi,
I am seeing the below two errors consistently while running my script. This does not stop my script, but throws an error on datanode and successfully completes the same task on a different datanode. The task could fail on any datanode, there are no blacklisted datanodes.

RE: TaskTracker Error

Posted by Syed Wasti <md...@hotmail.com>.

TaskTracker Error