Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Dusko Jovanovski <du...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/15 18:59:28 UTC

ProgressiveDisplay update parameter

I like the zone component
symbols,  ComponentParameterConstants.ZONE_SHOW_METHOD =
"tapestry.components.zone_show_method"
and ComponentParameterConstants.ZONE_UPDATE_METHOD =
"tapestry.components.zone_update_method", but I would expect the
ProgressiveDisplay to honor the same symbol as the Zone component, or
optionally another separate symbol for the update parameter.

Dev list, JIRA worthy or expected behaviour?

Re: ProgressiveDisplay update parameter

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Dragan Sahpaski
> <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You can add it to JIRA, but in 5.4, Tapestry is getting out of the
>>> client-side animation business.
>>>
>>> The pattern in 5.4 is that components will fire DOM events describing
>>> what's going on and, if you want, you can have a listener on the
>>> element, or a global listener on the body, provide the necessary UI
>>> animation.
>>>
>>> I've found in most applications that I've written that I ended up
>>> turning off the animations anyway.
>>
>> Exactly. At least for production use. For dev is good to know when
>> some zone is updated. IN production you don't need users seeing that.
>> I think this should be backported to 5.3.
>
> The JavaScript changes are extremely significant; much too large to backport.

Oops. Sorry for non being clear. I was talking about the
ProgressiveDisplay symbol.

> I sometimes do this:
>
> Tapestry.Effects.highlight = Tapestry.Effects.show;

Thanks. We also use something similar.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
<dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can add it to JIRA, but in 5.4, Tapestry is getting out of the
>> client-side animation business.
>>
>> The pattern in 5.4 is that components will fire DOM events describing
>> what's going on and, if you want, you can have a listener on the
>> element, or a global listener on the body, provide the necessary UI
>> animation.
>>
>> I've found in most applications that I've written that I ended up
>> turning off the animations anyway.
>
> Exactly. At least for production use. For dev is good to know when
> some zone is updated. IN production you don't need users seeing that.
> I think this should be backported to 5.3.

The JavaScript changes are extremely significant; much too large to backport.

I sometimes do this:

Tapestry.Effects.highlight = Tapestry.Effects.show;

... and no more highlight effects.

> Cheers,
> Dragan Sahpaski
>

>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Dusko Jovanovski <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I like the zone component
>>> symbols,  ComponentParameterConstants.ZONE_SHOW_METHOD =
>>> "tapestry.components.zone_show_method"
>>> and ComponentParameterConstants.ZONE_UPDATE_METHOD =
>>> "tapestry.components.zone_update_method", but I would expect the
>>> ProgressiveDisplay to honor the same symbol as the Zone component, or
>>> optionally another separate symbol for the update parameter.
>>>
>>> Dev list, JIRA worthy or expected behaviour?
>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: ProgressiveDisplay update parameter

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
FlowLogix library has a mixin that you can put into the layout component that controls and/or disable highlights.

Posted by Dusko Jovanovski <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.