Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by ricky l <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 16:58:34 UTC

meaning or usage of reserved containers in YARN Capacity scheduler

Hi all,

I have a question about reserved containers in the YARN capacity
scheduler. After reading the source code and related document, it is
not very clear. What is the purpose or practical usage of the reserved
container? thx.

Re: meaning or usage of reserved containers in YARN Capacity scheduler

Posted by ricky l <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Arun. The scenario makes sense!! thx.

Posted by ricky l <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ricky l <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ricky l <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: meaning or usage of reserved containers in YARN Capacity scheduler

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: meaning or usage of reserved containers in YARN Capacity scheduler

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: meaning or usage of reserved containers in YARN Capacity scheduler

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.