Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/02/07 18:57:22 UTC

Where to list all @threadSafe plugins and components?

Hi

I'd like to start a list of which versions of plugins and components are
@threadSafe. Where should we have such a list?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Where to list all @threadSafe plugins and components?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Right, this was added in version 2.6 of Plugin Plugin, so any site
generated with an earlier version won't have that info. See
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-169

That however only tells you *if* the latest version is thread safe, but
it doesn't tell you *when* it was first marked as thread safe.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINDEXER-11

Please comment.

Thanks,
~t~

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Just to chime in:

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:54 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> My current focus is on the Apache Maven project's plugins and
> components. I think it is up to all plugin authors out there to document
> their own plugins.

Same plugin could be run on the Apache Nexus instance. They have to mark the mojos as theadsafe, but you could easily generate the list so people would know, or could even be metadata IDEs could consume to guide users if they are to find @threadsafe plugins.

> On 2011-02-08 22:36, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> Write a Nexus plugin that walks a repository looking for Maven plugins, crack it open and pull out the metadata and make a report.
>>
>> You could take the Nexus Archetype plugin as an example. If you wanted to create a global list this is the only real way you could accomplish this.
>>
>> On Feb 8, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>>
>>> I think it would be a useful service to our users to list which plugins
>>> and components are @threadSafe, and also in which version it was first
>>> marked as @threadSafe.
>>>
>>> We can start writing things down on the wiki page you mentioned. I'll
>>> add a new heading and start to accumulate the info. We can move it to
>>> the Maven site when we are done. Perhaps each plugin should have that
>>> info on its own site?

>>> --
>>> Dennis Lundberg

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.
>>
>> -- Unknown
>>

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Where to list all @threadSafe plugins and components?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-08 21:41, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I think it would be a useful service to our users to list which plugins
> and components are @threadSafe, and also in which version it was first
> marked as @threadSafe.

A list of released plugins is now in place, as well as some that are in
the pipeline to be released.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.