Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 07:03:37 UTC

DERBY-1478 : DataTypeDescriptor(DTD) changes and code generation changes for Territory based ordering

Hi,

I have created subclasses for SQLChar and rest of the character data types.
These subclasses will use the Collator passed to them in the constructor for
collation.

For the next incremental step, I am looking at adding collation type and
collation derivation in the DataTypeDescriptor(DTD). This involves figuring
out answers to following 2 questions
1)Where in the compile phase would these collation related fields get set
for a given DTD?
2)Where would the code go to generate code for subclasses(like
CollatorSQLChar) rather than base character data type classes (like
SQLChar). Generating correct code will ensure that correct collation methods
get used for character data types.

 I am going to start researching into the first item in a crude manner ie by
searching for DTD in the existing Derby code.

If anyone has any pointers/ideas for tackling these 2 tasks, I will highly
appreciate it.

thanks,
Mamta