Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2017/12/07 14:53:37 UTC

Using Microsoft Azure for cognitive analysis

Hi folks,
I've been playing around with Microsoft Azure, and they also have a
cognitive analysis tool that Kibble can use, called Text Analytics API.

It's quite a lot simpler than the one Watson has, in that it only scores
a text from 0 to 1 where 0 means mostly negative, 0.5 is neutral (or a
mix), and 1 means mostly positive. Currently, the whole text is read as
one large blob and a score returned, which means we can process many
emails at once, and it looks to be relatively cheap for users to analyze
with (still hunting for a free alternative!). So I added optional
support for this as well.

I have also added example (commented-out) config snippets for both
analyzers in the conf/config.yaml file in the scanners repo.

With regards,
Daniel.