Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/14 13:37:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-287: Support partition and processor expansion for stateful processing jobs

Hi all,

I have created KIP-287 to provide high level design to support partition
and processor expansion for stateful processing. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-287%3A+Support+partition+and+processor+expansion+for+stateful+processing+jobs
.

Instead of planning to finish this KIP with all the details, I am just
providing the high level design to show that we may have a promising
direction to support partition and processor expansion for stateful
processing jobs. This may help us conclude the discussion for KIP-253. And
we can continue the discussion related to stateful processing in this
thread.

Thanks,
Dong