Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl> on 2011/11/01 19:34:40 UTC

Re: KAFKA-50 replication support and the Disruptor

There are several wait strategies. You will want to use spin lock in
production environments where you should have enough CPU cores anyway.
Remember, the 'real' work runs in another always running thread that
also uses a spin lock to wait for more work.
In dev environment or hosts that need to do lots of other stuff, you
definitely need another wait strategy.

     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten