Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ro...@elastica.com on 2000/11/01 00:54:25 UTC

make -D in ant?

Can I parse in parameters from the command line?

Why can't I do this

<project name="plymedia" basedir="${rootDir}">

and

ant -DrootDir=C:\plymediadev

I want to hide all references to absolute paths outside of the build file.

when I do this it doesn't evaluate $rootDir as I would expect.

Re: make -D in ant?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 r> Can I parse in parameters from the command line?  Why can't I do
 r> this

 r> <project name="plymedia" basedir="${rootDir}">

 r> and

 r> ant -DrootDir=C:\plymediadev

Because Ant doesn't evaluate ${} constructs in attributes of project
and target. At least not in Ant 1.2.

The simple workaround, don't specify a basedir in you build file at
all:

<project name="plymedia">

and

ant -Dbasedir=C:\plymediadev

Stefan

RE: make -D in ant?

Posted by ro...@elastica.com.
What can we expect? It would definately be nice to be able to pass in
properties from the command line especially for baseDir or for that
matter anything else. I don't want to keep these references in the
.xml file.

RE: make -D in ant?

Posted by Samuel R Listopad II <sl...@intercapsystems.com>.