Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> on 2005/01/11 15:10:04 UTC

The "current" directory in taglibs SVN

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/jakarta/taglibs/current/

Will get you the current trunk of every component in taglib proper (I
know you haven't yet decided to call it that).  This directory has the
svn:externals property set, for more information take a look at the
Subversion Book and look for svn:externals
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/).

Tim

Re: The "current" directory in taglibs SVN

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
Hi Tim,

First of all, thanks for helping us migrating the project to SVN.

Now, regarding the current version of each component, our project have
an interesting "feature": the standard sub-project has 2 parallel
branches, the 1.1.x (which is the main trunk right now) and 1.0.x.

This is necessary because Standard is a implementation of JSTL 1.0 and
1.1 (and probably 1.2 in the future). So, I don't know if SVN can handle
it, but the more elegant layout for the project would be externally
having a standard-1.0 and standard-1.1 projects (which the normal trunk,
releases, tags, etc...), while internally it's indeed just two branches
of the same 'standard' project (by externally I mean that they look like
2 separate projects for the end-users; while internally I mean how they
are stored in the SVN server). Speaking on Unix-ish, standard-1.0 and
standard-1.1 would be symbolic links to standard/trunk and standard/1.0.

What do you think? Would such layout be possible?

-- Felipe

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
I am setting up to do test builds with co's from svn so I can update
the nightly build script to use svn.

I did an svn co as listed below but my current directory doesn't
have any of the files I would expect to see in the root taglibs
directory such as build.xml, common.xml, etc.

Kind of hard to build without them.

One other comment, it appears that some directories got moved to
svn for deprecated or removed taglibs. Perhaps we should exclude
those.  Some that I saw are foundation, sql, and utility.

Finally, where is the sandbox?

Regards,

Glenn